background Slip & Fall Accident

Free Consultation For Your Injury Claim


Slip & Fall Accident

Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Vancouver BC

If you have been injured as a result of a slip and fall accident you may be entitled to an award for pain and suffering, special damages (out of pocket expenses), wage loss, cost of future care expenses, and future loss of earning capacity. In BC, slip and fall accidents against owners or occupiers of property is governed by the Occupiers Liability Act.

Section 3 of the Occupiers Liability Act provides as follows:

(1) An occupier of premises owes a duty to take that care that in all the circumstances of the case is reasonable to see that a person, and the person’s property, on the premises, and property on the premises of a person, whether or not that person personally enters on the premises, will be reasonably safe in using the premises.

(2) The duty of care referred to in subsection (1) applies in relation to the(a) condition of the premises,(b) activities on the premises, or(c) conduct of third parties on the premises. Therefore, generally, you can claim damages for a slip and fall if you have been injured as a result of a failure by the owner or occupier to provide a reasonably safe premises. If you have been injured on property owned by a City or Municipality in British Columbia, it is very important you seek legal advice immediately. This is because strict timelines and notice provisions may apply where a government entity is involved. See Time Limits.

If you have been injured in a slip and fall:

1) get names of any witnesses,

2) preserve the shoes you were wearing at the time of the slip and fall,

3) see your doctor,

4) take photographs of the area where you fell,

5) report the incident in writing to the owner of the premises where you fell and keep a copy of your report.

Contact a Vancouver Slip and Fall Lawyer for a free consultation of your injury claim.


  • MM slash DD slash YYYY